UPCOMING EVENTS AND REMINDERS
Every year, plans change – certain doctors may no longer work in network or maybe the plan no longer pays for your medication at the price you expect. It is important to take advantage of this time to make sure you have the best coverage you need.
- If you would like assistance with reviewing different plans, please call our certified counselors.
- If you receive unwanted calls from anyone trying to sell Medicare plans, call the NYS Senior Medicare Patrol Helpline at 800-333-4374. For more information on Enrollment Fraud – click HERE
Learn more about the “Great Unwinding” once the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency ends. This may be one of the biggest events aﬀecting health care coverage since the Affordable Care Act was enacted.
Date: January 24, 2023. TIme: 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM; To find out more information see our FLYER
To register for the ZOOM Webinar virtually click the red button (below)
To connect via phone: 646-558-8656, Webinar ID: 884 8488 7653#
Here are a few things to know about what agents selling Medicare plans can and can’t do:
- Agents may schedule appointments with beneficiaries who live in long-term care facilities and other congregate housing only upon request by the beneficiary.
- Agents cannot conduct sales activities at an education event, including distributing flyers or marketing materials or enrollment forms.
If you would like to talk to someone about being approached by an insurance agent and feel it wasn’t done in the right way, contact the NYS Senior Medicare Patrol at 800-333-4374.
- Accessing Services and Benefits
- Patients Rights
- Medicare Health and Prescription Drug Coverage
- Medicare Fraud and Abuse
StateWide is committed to providing education about the important issues affecting seniors today. If you or your organization would like to request a presenter from StateWide, give us a call or click on the button below to fill out a speaker request form.
Watch the latest 7 On Your Side Segment with Reporter Nina Pineda, Executive Director Maria Alvarez and Senior Medicare volunteer, Jean Stone.
- 6/10/22: Easy ways to detect and report exploding Medicare fraud – click HERE to view the video.
- 5/6/22: How to Stop Medicare/Medical ID Scams – click HERE to view the video.