UPCOMING EVENTS AND RECORDINGS
Patient Advocates Program - April Teach in
TOPIC: National Emerging Drug Threats in the United States
This session will examine the extent of these public health problems and how data is being used to address them including:
- What are the emerging drug threats in the United States in 2023?
- How big a problem is Fentanyl and to what extent is it combined with other drugs?
- How do the threats from drugs like opioids and Fentanyl show up in overdose deaths and in drug seizures by law enforcement?
- What impact did COVID-19 have on law enforcement seizures and on overdose deaths? See flyer for more information
Recording - Patient Advocates Program Teach - March 21
TOPIC: Personal Medical Debt in New York State and How to Prevent Aggressive Debt Collection Practices
- The extent of medical debt in NYS and increasing efforts of hospitals to aggressively seek debt repayment.
- Problems with the hospital financial assistance programs.
- The impact on persons with low incomes and persons of color.
- Current protections for consumers and proposals to prevent medical debt and how you or your organization can help support these efforts.
Click on the red button (below) to view recording and presentation
Patient Advocate Program Teach ins - Recordings
Topic: Unwinding After the Public Health Emergency Ends – Transitions to Coverage and Assistance Under Medicare, Medicaid & the Medicare Savings Program; Speaker: Frank M. Winter, Regional Training Lead, Center for Medicaid and Medicare Services (CMS) Regional Office
Topic: Autopsies and the Role of the Coroner; Speaker: Margaret Luck, Coroner Fulton County
Budget Briefings Part 1 and 2
If you missed our Budget Briefing Webinars with Deputy Director Gail Myers, you can view the recordings and the presentations right here:
- Budget Briefing 1: Aging Services funded by NYS Office for the Aging
- Budget Briefing 2: Agencies other than the NYS Office for Aging programs
Take Action: Call your legislators to support StateWide’s Patient Rights Helpline
STATEWIDE'S CERTIFIED COUNSELORS ARE READY TO HELP
- Accessing Services and Benefits
- Patients Rights
- Medicare Health and Prescription Drug Coverage
- Medicare Fraud and Abuse
StateWide is committed to providing education about the important issues affecting seniors today. If you or your organization would like to request a presenter from StateWide, give us a call or click on the button below to fill out a speaker request form.
WABC-TV 7 On Your Side
Watch the latest 7 On Your Side Segment with Reporter Nina Pineda, Executive Director Maria Alvarez and Senior Medicare volunteer, Jean Stone.
- 6/10/22: Easy ways to detect and report exploding Medicare fraud – click HERE to view the video.
- 5/6/22: How to Stop Medicare/Medical ID Scams – click HERE to view the video.