UPCOMING EVENTS AND RECORDINGS
Join a Town Hall with HHS Regional Director Dara Kass, MD
- 6/20, 1:00 PM: Ulster County Office for the Aging, 1003 Development Court, Kingston, NY
- 9/11, 4:00 PM: StateWide 2023 Convention, Holiday Inn, Saratoga Springs
- 9/27, 9:30 AM: Brooklyn Borough Hall, 209 Joralemon Street, Brooklyn, NY
Register for any of these upcoming Town Halls; VIEW FLYER
Also, if you missed the May 23rd Webinar with Dr. Kass, you can watch the recording – click on the red button (below).
Watch the latest 7 On Your Side Segments with Reporter Nina Pineda and Executive Director Maria Alvarez
- 5/12/23: 7 On Your Side: Tips to avoid scams amid end of COVID emergency. Click HERE to view the video.
- 5/11/23: COVID-19 emergency ending: 7 On Your Side explains what it means for you. Click HERE to view the video.
Patient Advocates Program - April Teach in
TOPIC: National Emerging Drug Threats in the United States
This session will examine the extent of these public health problems and how data is being used to address them including:
- What are the emerging drug threats in the United States in 2023?
- How big a problem is Fentanyl and to what extent is it combined with other drugs?
- How do the threats from drugs like opioids and Fentanyl show up in overdose deaths and in drug seizures by law enforcement?
- What impact did COVID-19 have on law enforcement seizures and on overdose deaths?
Patient Advocate Program Teach ins - Recordings
MARCH 2023 – Personal Medical Debt in New York State and
How to Prevent Aggressive Debt Collection Practices
FEBRUARY 2023 – Autopsies and the Role of the Coroner
JANUARY 2023 – Unwinding After the Public Health Emergency Ends – Transitions to Coverage and Assistance Under Medicare, Medicaid & the Medicare Savings Program
Budget Briefings Part 1 and 2
If you missed our Budget Briefing Webinars with Deputy Director Gail Myers, you can view the recordings and the presentations right here:
- Budget Briefing 1: Aging Services funded by NYS Office for the Aging
- Budget Briefing 2: Agencies other than the NYS Office for Aging programs
Take Action: Call your legislators to support StateWide’s Patient Rights Helpline
STATEWIDE'S CERTIFIED COUNSELORS ARE READY TO HELP
- Accessing Services and Benefits
- Patients Rights
- Medicare Health and Prescription Drug Coverage
- Medicare Fraud and Abuse
StateWide is committed to providing education about the important issues affecting seniors today. If you or your organization would like to request a presenter from StateWide, call 800-333-4374 or click on the button below to fill out a speaker request form.
Join NY StateWide Senior Action Council to Help Prevent a Federal Debt Default. (5/22/23)
Gillibrand Announces Legislation To Provide Social Security Credits To Caregivers
SNAP Farmers’ Market Benefit Doubles its Purchasing Power
CMS: Consumer Fact Sheets – Updates to Coverage for COVID-19 Tests
Pharmacy and Prescription Drug Fraud
SAVE THE DATE - 2023 CONVENTION
September 11-13, 2023
Holiday Inn, Saratoga Springs
StateWide Budget Briefing Recording (5/17)
Teach in – National Emerging Drug Threats in the United States (4/25)