NYS Home Care Crisis Campaign
EXPLAIN THE CRISIS:
- Growing Need: The current population of New Yorkers age 65 and older is estimated at over 2.9 million and is expected to approach 4.4 million by the year 2040. (NYS Office for the Aging data, County Data Book).
- Inadequate Home Health Aide Services: Both the Medicaid and Non-Medicaid populations are underserved. Regardless of a person’s income, there simply are not adequate home health aide services available to provide care to those who need it and are authorized to receive it.
- Consequences of Insufficient home care workforce:
- Decreasing numbers of available informal caregivers will increase the demand for home care.
- The human dignity of all persons requires that they receive care when it is needed, regardless of payer.
- Tell a story of an elder needing home care who is not receiving it because it is not available.
AIMS OF THE CAMPAIGN – OUR COALITION WORKS TOWARD:
- Raise awareness about the inadequate home care services in New York State and seek solutions to provide accessible, affordable, and available home health care for people who need it in NYS.
- Raise Public Awareness about the “Age Wave” coming
- Seek more qualified home health care workers
- Improve the quality of the home health delivery system in NYS
- Improve the quality of life of elders who access home care
TELL YOUR STORY:
We want to hear from you. If you are a NYS resident who has had problems finding home care, or a family caregiver who has not been able to hire a home health aide or personal care assistant for a loved one, please share your story. Fill out this form or call us at 800-333-4374.
The Southern District of New York (federal court) has scheduled a Fairness Hearing for April 7, 2023 at 10:00 a.m. It will be held in person at: Thurgood Marshall United States Courthouse Southern District of New York 40 Foley Square Courtroom 619 New York, NY 10007...
StateWide is committed to providing education about the important issues affecting seniors today such as Medicare Fraud, Elderly Pharmaceutical Insurance Coverage (EPIC), Patient’s Rights, Ending Medical Debt and more. If you or your organization would like to request...