- Aging Advocates
- Better Neighborhoods, Inc.
- Campaign for America’s Future – Social Security
- Capital Area Consortium on Aging and Disability
- Catholic Charities of Ogdensburg
- Center for Independence of the Disabled in New York
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Citizens for Universal HealthCare (Hudson Valley)
- Community Action Organization of Erie County, Inc.
- Cornell Cooperative Extension – Orange County
- EPIC (Elderly Pharmaceutical Insurance Coverage)
- Funeral Consumers Alliance of L.I./NYC
- Goodard Riverside Community Center
- Health Insurance Information, Counseling & Assistance (HIICAP)
- Institute for the Puerto Rican / Hispanic Elderly, Inc.
- Joint Public Affairs Committee for Older Adults (JPAC) of the Jewish Association for Services for the Aging
- Legal Aid Society
- Lifespan of Greater Rochester Inc.
- Lockport Senior Center, Niagara County
- Long Term Care Community Coalition
- Medicare Rights Center
- National Caucus and Center on Black Aged
- National Committee of Grandparents for Children’s Rights (NCGCR)
- National Committee to Preserve Social Security & Medicareational Committee to Preserve Social Security
- Network for Good
- New York Citizens’ Committee on Aging
- New York Network for Action on Medicare and Social Security
- New York State Alliance for Retired Americans
- New York State Coalition for the Aging, Inc.
- New York State Government
- New York State Independent Living Council (NYSILC)
- New York State Office for the Aging
- New York State United Teachers (NYSUT)
- New York State United Teachers Retiree Services
- New Yorkers for Fiscal Fairness/Growing Together NY
- Niagara County Council on Aging
- NNORC Project in Albany
- NY State Ombudsman Program
- NYS Attorney General Smart Seniors Booklet
- Ontario County Office for the Aging
- OWL – The Voice of Midlife and Older Women – GNY
- Paraprofessional Healthcare Institute
- Prescription Access Litigation Project
- Rensselaer Organization United for Senior Endeavors
- Selfhelp Community Services, Inc.
- Senior Citizens Council of Clinton County, Inc.
- Social Security Administration
- Steuben County Office for the Aging
- Strengthen Social Security
- Ulster County Office for the Aging
- US Government Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Office of Older Americans
- Westchester County Board of Legislators
- Westchester County Department of Senior Programs and Services
Federal Court Orders Appeal Rights on “Observation Status” Issue for Certain Medicare Hospital Patients
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE March 24, 2020 Contact: Matthew Shepard: 202-293-5760, MShepard@MedicareAdvocacy.org In a decision issued today, Judge Michael P. Shea of the U.S. District Court in Hartford, Connecticut found that certain Medicare beneficiaries who are placed on...
Medicare and Coronavirus: What You Need to Know By Seema Verma Administrator, U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Since older Americans are particularly vulnerable to coronavirus (COVID-19), I wanted to let you know the steps we’re taking to help our...