Accessing Services and Benefits
There are many state, local and federal services available to seniors – and importantly, there are people who can answer your questions. To get started, you can call StateWide at 800-333-4374.
Are you Staying well and Living well in New York?
Did you know that remaining active and being a vital part of your community has proven health benefits that can extend your years of healthy living and improve both your physical health and mental health?
Get connected through StateWide with others in your community.
Are you Eligible for Benefits?
- Help is available for those in need to make ends meet. Find out if you qualify for work support benefits and other programs designed to help low-income working families and individuals make ends meet. Review a national guide to benefits programs for seniors called “You Gave Now Save”
- Assistance with energy costs, home-delivered meals and in-home services can be applied for by contacting your local government’s Office for the Aging or call the NYS Office for the Aging at 1-800-342-9871.
- Find out about benefits for veterans and surviving spouses by contacting the Department of Veterans Affairs at 1-800-827-1000 or 1-888-VETSNYS (838-7697)
- Questions about Social Security can be answered at 800-772-1213.
- Eligibility Questions? Use the Benefit Eligibility Screening Tool (BEST) to find out if you could get benefits that Social Security administers. Based on your answers to questions, this tool will list benefits for which you might be eligible and tell you more information about how to qualify and apply.
Do You Still Have Questions? Call StateWide at 800-333-4374
StateWide's Certified Counselors
StateWide’s certified counselors provide FREE personalized, confidential, unbiased information about Medicare options including prescription drug plans.
Call us at 1-800-333-4374 or email us at email@example.com
StateWide is committed to providing education about the important issues affecting seniors today such as Medicare Fraud, Patient's Rights, and other issues. If you or your organization would like to request a presenter from StateWide, please call us at
fill out a speaker request form here