The purposes of New York StateWide Senior Action Council shall be:
- To achieve through united action the dignity, well-being and security of all senior citizens of New York State;
- To provide a unified and articulate voice on behalf of older New Yorkers, especially as advocate for the low-income elderly and low-income persons of all generations;
- To promote the general well-being of the aging through educational processes outlining the legislative needs of the elderly;
- To promote the best interest of children and youth by intergenerational programs of mutual support;
- To develop in the community an awareness of the needs and the capabilities of older persons;
- To help develop the leadership abilities of the elderly through leadership training and skills utilization;
- To monitor programs and services to the elderly of New York State to ensure their full representation and participation in planning, implementation and evaluation
During our 2019 Convention, last October, the Census New York Regional Director, Jeff T. Behler, addressed our membership. He spoke about the challenges this year’s Census, and, he described a variety of ways that we could be involved in order to maximize community...
NY StateWide Senior Action Council will hold it's annual state budget briefing in two parts. 1. Thursday January 30, at 10AM on the Governor's proposed budget for the NYS Office for Aging. 2. Thursday February 20, at 10AM on issues of concern to older residents in the...