The purposes of New York StateWide Senior Action Council shall be:
- To achieve through united action the dignity, well-being and security of all senior citizens of New York State;
- To provide a unified and articulate voice on behalf of older New Yorkers, especially as advocate for the low-income elderly and low-income persons of all generations;
- To promote the general well-being of the aging through educational processes outlining the legislative needs of the elderly;
- To promote the best interest of children and youth by intergenerational programs of mutual support;
- To develop in the community an awareness of the needs and the capabilities of older persons;
- To help develop the leadership abilities of the elderly through leadership training and skills utilization;
- To monitor programs and services to the elderly of New York State to ensure their full representation and participation in planning, implementation and evaluation
PUBLIC POLICY SOLUTIONS (WATCH VIDEO) Fiscal Shortfalls, Speaker: Ron Deutsch, Executive Director, Fiscal Policy Institute (Ron Deutsch PP Presentation) Medicaid Matters, Speaker: Lara Kassal, Coordinator, Medicaid Matters NY (Lara Kassal PP Presentation) Improved...
REIMAGINING OUR HEALTH SYSTEMS (WATCH VIDEO) Meeting Community Needs Through Oversight of Mergers & Closures, Speaker: Lois Uttley, Co-founder of Raising Women's Voices for the Health Care We Need (Lois Uttley PP Presentation) Ensuring Safe Staffing to Patient...
WELCOME REMARKS Mario C. Henry, Board President, NY StateWide Senior Action Council VIDEO Kathleen Otte, Regional Administrator, Administration for Community Living VIDEO WELCOME MESSAGES Hon. Charles Shumer, U.S.Senator VIDEO Hon. Kristin Gillibrand, U.S.Senator ...