The purposes of New York StateWide Senior Action Council shall be:
- To achieve through united action the dignity, well-being and security of all senior citizens of New York State;
- To provide a unified and articulate voice on behalf of older New Yorkers, especially as advocate for the low-income elderly and low-income persons of all generations;
- To promote the general well-being of the aging through educational processes outlining the legislative needs of the elderly;
- To promote the best interest of children and youth by intergenerational programs of mutual support;
- To develop in the community an awareness of the needs and the capabilities of older persons;
- To help develop the leadership abilities of the elderly through leadership training and skills utilization;
- To monitor programs and services to the elderly of New York State to ensure their full representation and participation in planning, implementation and evaluation
Join NY StateWide Senior Action Council to Help Prevent a Federal Debt Default.
This is an urgent action request for the week of 5/22/23 to New York organizations, businesses, and everyday people to those who represent New York in Congress. Together, we are calling on them to take immediate action to prevent debt default, and avoid harmful cuts...
Attorney General James Proposes Nation-Leading Regulations on Cryptocurrency Industry
Attorney General James Proposes Nation-Leading Regulations on Cryptocurrency Industry “NY StateWide Senior Action Council applauds Attorney General Letitia James' proposed legislation to Establish Digital Asset Safety & Transparency,” said Maria Alvarez, Executive...