The purposes of New York StateWide Senior Action Council shall be:
- To achieve through united action the dignity, well-being and security of all senior citizens of New York State;
- To provide a unified and articulate voice on behalf of older New Yorkers, especially as advocate for the low-income elderly and low-income persons of all generations;
- To promote the general well-being of the aging through educational processes outlining the legislative needs of the elderly;
- To promote the best interest of children and youth by intergenerational programs of mutual support;
- To develop in the community an awareness of the needs and the capabilities of older persons;
- To help develop the leadership abilities of the elderly through leadership training and skills utilization;
- To monitor programs and services to the elderly of New York State to ensure their full representation and participation in planning, implementation and evaluation
Discussion About the NY Health Act, Public Option and Other Proposed Federal Health Policies APRIL 27; 6 PM - 7 PM Join the meeting via computer, tablet or phone TO REGISTER, CLICK HERE; Registration questions, please call 518-719-5757 PANEL OF SPEAKERS: • María...
GILLIBRAND, JOINED BY MANHATTAN BP BREWER AND ADVOCATES, ANNOUNCES SWEEPING LEGISLATION TO LOWER PRESCRIPTION DRUG PRICES
StateWide Executive Director Maria Alvarez and Board President Mario Henry joined Senator Gillibrand, Manhattan Borough President Gale Brewer and DRNY Director Timothy Clune to announce a package of three bills to help reduce the cost of prescription drugs, and help...
People across the country are receiving emails and texts, asking them to complete a limited-time survey about the Pfizer, Moderna, or AstraZeneca vaccine. In exchange, people are offered a free reward but asked to pay shipping fees. If you get an email or text like...