The purposes of New York StateWide Senior Action Council shall be:
- To achieve through united action the dignity, well-being and security of all senior citizens of New York State;
- To provide a unified and articulate voice on behalf of older New Yorkers, especially as advocate for the low-income elderly and low-income persons of all generations;
- To promote the general well-being of the aging through educational processes outlining the legislative needs of the elderly;
- To promote the best interest of children and youth by intergenerational programs of mutual support;
- To develop in the community an awareness of the needs and the capabilities of older persons;
- To help develop the leadership abilities of the elderly through leadership training and skills utilization;
- To monitor programs and services to the elderly of New York State to ensure their full representation and participation in planning, implementation and evaluation
Topic: Your Rights as a Utility Consumer in New York State: Just in Time for Heating Season Date: Tuesday, October 27, 2020 Time: 10:00 am—11:00 am Speaker: Rosa Maria Castillo-Kesper is the Director of Operations of the Public Utility Law Project To register for the...
A legacy phone scam using the 90# buttons on business landline telephones is still around, targeting phones served by a private branch exchange (PBX) or private automatic branch exchange (PABX). How this scam occurs You receive a call at your office from someone...
Efforts to eliminate the Affordable Care Act (the ACA) have been voted on and defeated in Congress ever since it was passed ten years ago, and now the federal government and some states have a lawsuit (California v. Texas) appealing to the courts to eliminate the ACA....