The purposes of New York StateWide Senior Action Council shall be:
- To achieve through united action the dignity, well-being and security of all senior citizens of New York State;
- To provide a unified and articulate voice on behalf of older New Yorkers, especially as advocate for the low-income elderly and low-income persons of all generations;
- To promote the general well-being of the aging through educational processes outlining the legislative needs of the elderly;
- To promote the best interest of children and youth by intergenerational programs of mutual support;
- To develop in the community an awareness of the needs and the capabilities of older persons;
- To help develop the leadership abilities of the elderly through leadership training and skills utilization;
- To monitor programs and services to the elderly of New York State to ensure their full representation and participation in planning, implementation and evaluation
STEPS TO GETTING A COVID-19 VACCINE (Source: Senator Krueger, 1/11/21) The following are the steps involved with obtaining a COVID-19 vaccination: Schedule an appointment by phone or online (keep trying if you do not get through or cannot get an appointment right...
UPDATE: Governor Andrew Cuomo has just announced that NYS is expanding vaccination eligibility to those who are 65 years of age and older, as well as people with compromised immune systems. To find out more information, check your eligibility and find vaccination...
Here is the link to Senator Krueger's COVID-19 Resource Guide