The purposes of New York StateWide Senior Action Council shall be:
- To achieve through united action the dignity, well-being and security of all senior citizens of New York State;
- To provide a unified and articulate voice on behalf of older New Yorkers, especially as advocate for the low-income elderly and low-income persons of all generations;
- To promote the general well-being of the aging through educational processes outlining the legislative needs of the elderly;
- To promote the best interest of children and youth by intergenerational programs of mutual support;
- To develop in the community an awareness of the needs and the capabilities of older persons;
- To help develop the leadership abilities of the elderly through leadership training and skills utilization;
- To monitor programs and services to the elderly of New York State to ensure their full representation and participation in planning, implementation and evaluation
If you missed our Teach in on September 26th, you can watch the recording HERE Topic: The Prior Approval Process for Needed Medications and How to Appeal Speakers: Shahad Alahmoud, Pharmacy Resident; Andrea Rivera and Artem Belyakov Pharmacy Interns, Albany College of...
The Administration for Community Living (ACL) is seeking input on proposed updates to the regulations for most of the OAA programs.
This can serve as another opportunity for you to contribute to the conversation regarding OAA programs. They’re accepting public input by August 15th. Input needed: Proposed Update to Older Americans Act Regulations | ACL Administration for Community Living Submit...