The purposes of New York StateWide Senior Action Council shall be:
- To achieve through united action the dignity, well-being and security of all senior citizens of New York State;
- To provide a unified and articulate voice on behalf of older New Yorkers, especially as advocate for the low-income elderly and low-income persons of all generations;
- To promote the general well-being of the aging through educational processes outlining the legislative needs of the elderly;
- To promote the best interest of children and youth by intergenerational programs of mutual support;
- To develop in the community an awareness of the needs and the capabilities of older persons;
- To help develop the leadership abilities of the elderly through leadership training and skills utilization;
- To monitor programs and services to the elderly of New York State to ensure their full representation and participation in planning, implementation and evaluation
Are you a nursing home resident, family member, or friend with visiting experiences? We need to hear from you! Our first council meeting will take place on Tuesday, August 10, 2021. We are looking for individuals to share their experiences for the first meeting. ...
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, the federal government has provided a range of programs to support individuals, families, and communities: The Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) is a temporary Federal Communications Commission (FCC) program to help families and...
Elder Abuse Prevention Program Passes Legislature as Senior Citizens Face Spike as Targets of Crimes
Proposed law puts in place teams of experts to investigate complex cases of elder abuse to assist law enforcement statewide ALBANY, NY (06/14/2021) -- Assemblywoman Catalina Cruz, member of the Assembly Standing Committee on Aging, and Senator Roxanne J. Persaud,...