The purposes of New York StateWide Senior Action Council shall be:
- To achieve through united action the dignity, well-being and security of all senior citizens of New York State;
- To provide a unified and articulate voice on behalf of older New Yorkers, especially as advocate for the low-income elderly and low-income persons of all generations;
- To promote the general well-being of the aging through educational processes outlining the legislative needs of the elderly;
- To promote the best interest of children and youth by intergenerational programs of mutual support;
- To develop in the community an awareness of the needs and the capabilities of older persons;
- To help develop the leadership abilities of the elderly through leadership training and skills utilization;
- To monitor programs and services to the elderly of New York State to ensure their full representation and participation in planning, implementation and evaluation
Speakers: Kathleen Otte, Regional Administrator, Centers for Medicare and Medicare Services (CMS), within the Office of Program Operations and Local Engagement (OPOLE) Rhonda Schwartz, Regional Administrator, Administration for Community Living (ACL), U.S....
Are you a nursing home resident, family member, or friend with visiting experiences? We need to hear from you! We are continually looking for individuals to share their experiences with us. Please call us in advance to volunteer. 800-333-4374. MEETING TOPIC: Quality...
NYC Chapter Meeting - September 13, 1:00 PM Presentation: The New City Retiree Health Plan: What You Need to Know and What We Need To Do Presenter: Len Rodberg, PhD. Professor Emeritus of Urban Studies; Queens College/CUNY; Research Director of the NY Metro...