The purposes of New York StateWide Senior Action Council shall be:
- To achieve through united action the dignity, well-being and security of all senior citizens of New York State;
- To provide a unified and articulate voice on behalf of older New Yorkers, especially as advocate for the low-income elderly and low-income persons of all generations;
- To promote the general well-being of the aging through educational processes outlining the legislative needs of the elderly;
- To promote the best interest of children and youth by intergenerational programs of mutual support;
- To develop in the community an awareness of the needs and the capabilities of older persons;
- To help develop the leadership abilities of the elderly through leadership training and skills utilization;
- To monitor programs and services to the elderly of New York State to ensure their full representation and participation in planning, implementation and evaluation
Federal Court Orders Appeal Rights on “Observation Status” Issue for Certain Medicare Hospital Patients
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE March 24, 2020 Contact: Matthew Shepard: 202-293-5760, MShepard@MedicareAdvocacy.org In a decision issued today, Judge Michael P. Shea of the U.S. District Court in Hartford, Connecticut found that certain Medicare beneficiaries who are placed on...
Medicare and Coronavirus: What You Need to Know By Seema Verma Administrator, U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Since older Americans are particularly vulnerable to coronavirus (COVID-19), I wanted to let you know the steps we’re taking to help our...