The purposes of New York StateWide Senior Action Council shall be:
- To achieve through united action the dignity, well-being and security of all senior citizens of New York State;
- To provide a unified and articulate voice on behalf of older New Yorkers, especially as advocate for the low-income elderly and low-income persons of all generations;
- To promote the general well-being of the aging through educational processes outlining the legislative needs of the elderly;
- To promote the best interest of children and youth by intergenerational programs of mutual support;
- To develop in the community an awareness of the needs and the capabilities of older persons;
- To help develop the leadership abilities of the elderly through leadership training and skills utilization;
- To monitor programs and services to the elderly of New York State to ensure their full representation and participation in planning, implementation and evaluation
Resources to Accompany the Roundtable Discussion Hosted by Senator Rachel May and NY StateWide Senior Action Council on Nursing Home issues, from the Pandemic and Beyond.
Resources: Event Flyer Address current and systemic challenges at nursing homes, by Senator Rachel May. Published, Albany Times Union, May 19, 2020 Sen. May op-ed “Ensuring that residents of nursing homes and assisted living centers have regular and...
Source: Syracuse.com The New York coronavirus chart and map are updated daily with official numbers as they are released by the state Department of Health and Gov. Andrew Cuomo's office. They also update periodically with new numbers reported by county officials and...
Posted on May 14, 2020 by Mike Korbey, Deputy Commissioner for Communications, Social Security issued an update today about COVID-19 Economic Impact Payments to certain groups of Social Security and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) beneficiaries. Beneficiaries who...