The purposes of New York StateWide Senior Action Council shall be:
- To achieve through united action the dignity, well-being and security of all senior citizens of New York State;
- To provide a unified and articulate voice on behalf of older New Yorkers, especially as advocate for the low-income elderly and low-income persons of all generations;
- To promote the general well-being of the aging through educational processes outlining the legislative needs of the elderly;
- To promote the best interest of children and youth by intergenerational programs of mutual support;
- To develop in the community an awareness of the needs and the capabilities of older persons;
- To help develop the leadership abilities of the elderly through leadership training and skills utilization;
- To monitor programs and services to the elderly of New York State to ensure their full representation and participation in planning, implementation and evaluation
CMS issued guidance (1/18/2023) related to evidence of an increase in schizophrenia diagnoses following a report from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General that found there was a 194% increase in the number of residents diagnosed...
Date: February 3, 2023. 10:00 AM; REGISTER Governor Hochul will present her budget to the legislature on Wednesday, Feb. 1. StateWide will be reviewing the budget proposals and the impact on older New Yorkers in this briefing. We will host a second briefing on aging...