The purposes of New York StateWide Senior Action Council shall be:
- To achieve through united action the dignity, well-being and security of all senior citizens of New York State;
- To provide a unified and articulate voice on behalf of older New Yorkers, especially as advocate for the low-income elderly and low-income persons of all generations;
- To promote the general well-being of the aging through educational processes outlining the legislative needs of the elderly;
- To promote the best interest of children and youth by intergenerational programs of mutual support;
- To develop in the community an awareness of the needs and the capabilities of older persons;
- To help develop the leadership abilities of the elderly through leadership training and skills utilization;
- To monitor programs and services to the elderly of New York State to ensure their full representation and participation in planning, implementation and evaluation
Crain's New York, Aug 11, 2020 The New York Caring Majority is calling for an expansion of home care to keep seniors out of nursing homes, especially in light of the Covid-19 crisis. Members of the advocacy group testified about the need during the second round of the...
The NYS Legislature will be holding hearings to review New York State’s rate of infection and mortality due to COVID-19 in residential health care facilities on August 10. There will also be a hearing on hospital care during the pandemic on August 12. More...
The Healthy Neighborhoods Program (HNP) is a FREE program committed to creating healthier neighborhoods one home at a time by reducing environmental health and safety issues in the home. HNP provides in-home safety visits with FREE safety supplies for qualifying...