The purposes of New York StateWide Senior Action Council shall be:
- To achieve through united action the dignity, well-being and security of all senior citizens of New York State;
- To provide a unified and articulate voice on behalf of older New Yorkers, especially as advocate for the low-income elderly and low-income persons of all generations;
- To promote the general well-being of the aging through educational processes outlining the legislative needs of the elderly;
- To promote the best interest of children and youth by intergenerational programs of mutual support;
- To develop in the community an awareness of the needs and the capabilities of older persons;
- To help develop the leadership abilities of the elderly through leadership training and skills utilization;
- To monitor programs and services to the elderly of New York State to ensure their full representation and participation in planning, implementation and evaluation
Created: January 13, 2020 10:48 AM ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — New York's health care industry is waiting with some trepidation to see how Gov. Andrew Cuomo intends to plug an over $8 billion hole in the state’s Medicaid program. The Democrat is expected to release his annual...
Protect yourself - DO NOT respond to email requests for information about your Social Security account. Scammers are sending faked documents by email to convince victims to comply with their demands. The letters may use official letterhead and government “jargon” to...
The schemers falsely told patients they had only six months to live in a ploy to collect hospice payments. KEY TAKEAWAYS The Merida Group enrolled patients with long-term, incurable diseases into hospice care after falsely telling them that they had less than six...