The purposes of New York StateWide Senior Action Council shall be:
- To achieve through united action the dignity, well-being and security of all senior citizens of New York State;
- To provide a unified and articulate voice on behalf of older New Yorkers, especially as advocate for the low-income elderly and low-income persons of all generations;
- To promote the general well-being of the aging through educational processes outlining the legislative needs of the elderly;
- To promote the best interest of children and youth by intergenerational programs of mutual support;
- To develop in the community an awareness of the needs and the capabilities of older persons;
- To help develop the leadership abilities of the elderly through leadership training and skills utilization;
- To monitor programs and services to the elderly of New York State to ensure their full representation and participation in planning, implementation and evaluation
By Stephanie Sorrell-White / email@example.com Posted Aug 28, 2019 at 1:00 PM ILION, N.Y. – Residents dealing with insufficient insurance or none at all may face a range of barriers, including the ability to handle the paperwork required to obtain the...
August 27, 2019 Kassadee Paulo (Left to right): Virginia Bough, Catherine Bucher, Mike Falonga, Marcus Harazin, Bob Sinacore, Lori Lyon, Stephanie Parrott and Mary Vanouse. FULTON – Some citizens of Oswego County met with two representatives of New York StateWide...
Alma Gonzalez, a home health aide, makes lunch for client Pearl Gould, 89, at Gould's Glen Cove home, on Friday. Photo Credit: Danielle Silverman By Carol Polskycarol.firstname.lastname@example.orgUpdated July 30, 2019 9:53 AM Trina Tonorezos’ 71-year-old sister, bedridden from...