TOPIC: Going to the Hospital for an Invasive Procedure
Speaker: Marcus Harazin, Coordinator, Patient Advocates Program
Everyday thousands of people have invasive procedures to address health problems. These procedures are often treated routinely, but frequently such procedures result in unintended and harmful adverse events. This webinar will focus on:
- Steps you can take to prepare for an invasive procedure.
- Questions to ask during the pre-admission phase to prepare for treatment.
- What to do in case there is a problem or if you need to raise a question or concern about a change in a patient’s status.
- How to communicate with hospital staff that will be caring for the patient during their stay.
- How to use a caregiver’s log to track the care of patient during their visit to the hospital.
- How to file complaints about poor care.