Patient Advocate Webinar Teach in – April 2023
TOPIC: National Emerging Drug Threats in the United States
DATE: Tuesday, April 25, 2023 Time: 10:00 AM—11:00 AM
SPEAKER: John L. Eadie is the Public Health and Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs (PDMP) Project Coordinator
Patient Advocate Program Teach in – Recordings
Date: March 21, 2023: Topic: Personal Medical Debt in New York State and How to Prevent Aggressive Debt Collection Practices
Speaker: Carrie Tracy, JD; Senior Director, Health Initiatives, Community Service Society of New York
Date: February 28, 2023; Topic: “Learn About Autopsies and the Role of the Coroner”
Speaker: Margaret Luck, Fulton County Coroner
Date: January 24, 2023: Unwinding After the Public Health Emergency Ends: Transitions to Coverage and Assistance Under Medicare, Medicaid & the Medicare Savings Program.
Speaker: Frank M. Winter, Regional Training Lead, Center for Medicaid and Medicare Services (CMS) Regional Office
Patient Advocate Webinar Teach in – January 24, 2023
Updated 1-27-23 (Medicaid.gov): State Health Official Letter outlines new requirements in the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2023 that impact state activities for the Medicaid and CHIP Programs to unwind from the COVID-19 public health emergency.
Topic: Unwinding After the Public Health Emergency Ends: Transitions to Coverage and Assistance Under Medicare, Medicaid & the Medicare Savings Program.
Speakers: Frank M. Winter, Regional Training Lead, Center for Medicaid and Medicare Services (CMS) Regional Oﬃce
Patient Advocate Webinar Teach in – November 15, 10 AM
- Speakers: Bryan Fischer, Communications Lead, Livanta (a Medicare Beneficiary and Family Centered Care Quality Improvement Organization); Gina Westphal, Livanta Communications Team Lead
- Teach in FLYER for Nov 15, 2022
- Livanta Reference Guide
- Livanta State Brochure for New York residents
- Livanta Helpline Wallet Card for New York residents
- Livanta Free Mobile Phone App:
Patient Advocate Webinar Teach in – October 18, 2022
TOPIC: HOW TO PLAN FOR A FUNERAL
- WEBINAR RECORDING
- HOW TO PLAN FOR A FUNERAL PRESENTATION
- Date: Tuesday, October 18, 2022 Time: 10:00 AM—11:00 AM
- Speakers: Robert J. Hogan, President, New York State Funeral Directors Association, Quinn-Fogarty Funeral Home; Michael J. Gorton, Jr., CFSP, Secretary, New York State Funeral Directors Association, McManus-Lorey Funeral Home
- StateWide Brochure – Funeral Needs Know Your Rights
Additional information from our partner the NYS Funeral Directors Association:
- Good at Goodbyes_Info Flyer
- https://nysfda.org/ – our main site
- http://goodatgoodbyes.com/ – consumer information and resources
- https://nysfda.org/consumer-resources/find-funeral-home – search function to locate an NYSFDA member firm by location
Patient Advocate Webinar Teach in – May 31, 2022
Speakers: Ali Foti, Program Officer, New York Health Foundation; Deborah Wachenheim, Senior Project Manager, OpenNotes, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Spreading OpenNotes Across NYS; Ali Foti, MPH, Program Officer, New York Health Foundation
- Open Notes: Increasing Transparency and Engagement in Care; Deborah Wachenheim, MPP Senior Project Manager OpenNotes
The Federal 21st Century Cures Act makes it easier for patients to access their medical records by requiring health care clinicians to provide “open notes”. This is a system where patients can readily obtain information about their symptoms, conditions, plan of care and treatments. It is important for older persons, family caregivers and professionals who work with them to understand what open notes are and how to help older persons utilize them effectively.
StateWide's Certified Counselors
StateWide’s certified counselors provide FREE personalized, confidential, unbiased information about Medicare options including prescription drug plans.
Call us at 1-800-333-4374 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us at 1-800-333-4374 or email us at email@example.com for FREE personalized, confidential, unbiased information about Medicare options including prescription drug plans.