Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, the federal government has provided a range of programs to support individuals, families, and communities:
- The Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) is a temporary Federal Communications Commission (FCC) program to help families and households struggling to afford internet service during the COVID-19 pandemic by providing discounts on service and devices.
- The Emergency Rental Assistance (ERA) program from the Department of the Treasury assists families that are unable to pay rent or utilities so they can remain in their homes during the pandemic.
- The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) from the Administration for Children and Families (ACF) provides federally funded assistance to cover home energy bills, energy crises, weatherization, and energy-related minor home repairs to eligible households.
- The Low Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP) from ACF is a new emergency program that provides funds to low-income households for water and wastewater bills, helps avoid water shut offs, and supports water system reconnections caused by missed payments during the pandemic.
- The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) provides monthly benefits that help families purchase healthy food from authorized retail food stores.
If you have any questions about any of these services, call our Helpline at 800-333-4374