Events in February–April 2020
- NYC Chapter Meeting
NYC Chapter Meeting1199 Retirees Division Office 330 West 42nd Street 9th Floor New York, NY 10036330 West 42nd Street, 9th floorNY, NY 10036
NYC Chapter Meeting
Date: Monday, February 10, 2020 Time: 1:30pm– 3:30 pm
Place: 1199 Retirees Division Office 330 West 42nd Street 9th Floor New York, NY 10036
Presentation: How to Read Your Health Explanation of Benefits Notices (MSN’s & EOB’s)
Presenter: Leslie Sierra, Outreach Counselor, SMP Program New York StateWide Senior Action Council, Inc.
- Lani Sanjek, Member, Public Policy Committee
- Lowell Green, President, NYC Chapter
For more information:
Tel.: (646) 918-6101
Next Meeting: March 9, 2020
NOTE: If NYC School are closed on the days of the meeting due to snow or other emergency situations, please assume that our meeting is cancelled. Safety First!
- Telephone Teach in - Community Health Centers Helping Medically Underserved Areas of New York State
Telephone Teach in - Community Health Centers Helping Medically Underserved Areas of New York State
Date: Tuesday, February 18, 2020 Time: 10:00 am—11:00 am
Speaker: Ray Babowicz, Director of Communications, Government Relations, and Marketing Community Health Center of the North Country
Call in number: 1-605-562-0400; Access code: 4715203#
If you have problems dialing into number listed above try 218-339-7800 or 712-832-8330
- STATE BUDGET BRIEFING CALLSaratoga Chapter Meeting - Feb 2019
Saratoga Chapter Meeting - Feb 2019
Date: Thursday, February 20
Time: 2:00 to 3:30 pm
Location: Summit at Saratoga; 1 Perry Road, Saratoga Springs
Topic: 2019 Community Health Assessment for Saratoga County: Findings, Activities and Future Efforts"
Presenter: Meg O'Leary, J.D., MPH
Public Health Planner, Saratoga County Public Health Services
- Telephone Teach in - Code Blue Report: NY Hospitals Poor Performance by the New York Public Interest Research Group
Telephone Teach in - Code Blue Report: NY Hospitals Poor Performance by the New York Public Interest Research Group
- March 24, Code Blue Report: NY Hospitals Poor Performance by the New York Public Interest Research Grp.
- How we can ensure sufficient long term care services for when we may need it in our home
How we can ensure sufficient long term care services for when we may need it in our homeBethlehem Library451 Delaware Ave.Delmar, NY 12054
StateWide Albany County Chapter is hosting a showing of the film “CARE" together
with a panel presentation and discussion on the crisis in long-term care and what
needs to be done. Panelists include:
• Deborah Riitano, Commissioner of the Albany County Department for Aging;
• Bryan O'Malley, Executive Director, The Consumer Directed Personal Assistance
Association of New York State;
• Kelly McMullen, Member NY StateWide Senior Action Council's Public Policy
Committee and the Caring Majority Steering Committee.
The film runs one half hour. This event is cosponsored by Bethlehem Neighbors
and the Caring Majority. Call 518-689-1084 with questions.
For more information, See the Flyer.